Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bumble Bee Pugh?....Ummm No!

Ashton is so excited about his baby brother! We have seen the sadness, disappointment and fear in his eyes from before so we really wanted to shield him as much as possible so we decided to wait until 18 weeks and all looked great before telling him.
So we sat him down and told him the news:
Me:  "We have something very important we want to share with you. Ashton, mommy has a baby in her belly."
Ashton: "In your belly?" - Oh how sweet my big belly just looked like it fit in normally I guess :)
Me: "It's a boy. You're going to have a baby brother!"
Ashton: "What?! I am so excited!! Is he going to make it?"
Me: "We think so. The doctor said everything looks perfect."
Ashton: "Oh good! What's his name?" - and there we begin
Me: "We don't know yet.  You want to help us pick a great name?"
Ashton: "Sure! What about Ashton? That's a great name. What about Ayden like my baby brother?....Bumble Bee....Optimus....R2D2..?"
Ashton: "He needs to have four names like me, Ashton Miller-Eliseo Pugh, ok?."

Then last night I was offered another great name by him:
Ashton: "Mom can we name my baby brother Iron Man?"
Me: "What? Sure honey if you think that's best." - in women terms (which he will one day never understand) means - NO
Ashton: "Dad, mom said yes to Iron Man!"
Aaron: "Sweet! Iron Man Pugh" - as you can see dad is not much help either

Seeing the joy, happiness and pure excitment in his eyes everyday he talks about him being a big brother brings tears to my eyes and a soft spot in my heart....but not soft enough to settle for Iron Man Pugh!

We think we may have a name, but lets just wait and see what our little man comes up with next.  Who knows, it could be a another great one!

2 comments:

  1. I think Ashton would really like it if the new baby has part of his name....like maybe
    __?___ Miller __?__ Pugh (wink) and so would Papa & Gapoo......just a thought........

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I am so excited for you all. Can't wait to meet the new edition, whatever his name turns out to me.

    ReplyDelete